to help those with poor eyesight obtain various information, we offer the following services mainly at the inquiries counter for the sight- and hearing- impaired.
- recorded books (cassette tapes, DAISY)
- face-to-face reading
- transcription into braille on request, transliteration, data exchange
- various types of readers
at the multimedia library on the 2nd floor, we lend out videos with subtitles for the hearing impaired.
in the building, we have various appliances and equipment to help the visually or hearing impaired and others who are physically challenged.
- multi-usage toilets
- facilities for the visually impaired
braille blocks, voice guidance system, and models to feel with your hands
- facilities for the hearing impaired
pay fax machine, a magnetic loop, an infrared voice aid system, and a flash lamp
- facilities and services for the physically challenged
rental wheelchairs and PHS's
books, videos, and cds are available from the municipal library, audio/video library, educational material library, and art and culture library.